- Subhash Khot (New York University): Hardness of Approximation: From the PCP Theorem to the 2-to-2 Games Theorem, and
- Shayan Oveis Gharan (University of Washington): Polynomial Paradigm in Algorithm Design.
- August 29: The 2020 Prague Summer School on Discrete Mathematics is over. We would like to thank all the participants for their engagement in the programme, Dorna Abdolazimi, Cornelius Brand and Kuikui Liu for their help with exercise classes, and to Subhash Khot and Shayan Oveis Gharan for all their work with their lecture series.
- August 29: Quick links to all the Youtube videos:
- Subhash Khot: Hardness of Approximation: From the PCP Theorem to the 2-to-2 Games Theorem: Lecture 1 (the first 22mins are a welcome session to the School), Lecture 2, Lecture 3, Lecture 4, Lecture 5.
- Shayan Oveis Gharan: Polynomial Paradigm in Algorithm Design: Lecture 1, Lecture 2, Lecture 3, Lecture 4, Lecture 5.
- Zdenek's slides for his first, second, third, and fourth exercise session.
- Vaclav Rozhon has kindly agreed to show a solution of Exercise 1.5 of the Hardness of approximation course (including the amplification technique by random walks on expanders). The meeting starts at 12:30UTC on August 26 and will take approximately 60minutes. To join use this [Zoom link] (no passcode is required). The meeting will be also broadcasted and recorded on Youtube.
- August 24: The welcome session today begins at 13:40UTC. Non-registered participants can watch the lectures using our public Youtube channel.
- We added the [list of registered participants]. A version of this list containing emails will be sent on August 23 to registered participants.
- We added Zoom links (for registered participants) and information about the Youtube channel (public) in section Program. We added information about our discussion forum in section Practical matters.
- On August 6, 2020 at 7:21 UTC we sent an email "Prague Summer School on Discrete Mathematics" we sent an email to all registered participants. We ask the registered participants who have not received it to check their spam folders/notify us about their email address change. If you have not done so, please reply to that email.
Last update on August 29, 2020.